Plan your visit
* January-March: Tours by appointment. Call the Newton Convention & Visitors Bureau at 316-284-3642 at least 24 hours in advance.
* April-May: 1-4:30 p.m. Saturday & Sunday
* June-August: 1-4:30 p.m. Wednesday-Sunday
* September-December: 1-4:30 p.m. Saturday & Sunday
Closed on national holidays.
* Adults & Teens: $4
* Children 5-12 years: $2
* Private tours: $4 per person
Admission is free on the first Saturday in December during the Five Places of Christmas event.
Private & Group Tours
Private and group tours are available with advance reservation, subject to volunteer availability. Please contact the Newton Convention & Visitors Bureau at 316-284-3642 to reserve a tour.
What to Expect
Visitors to the Warkentin House typically spend 1-2 hours touring the museum. Volunteer docents are available whenever the museum is open to give guided tours or answer questions. Visitors may use interpretive signs for self-guided tours if they wish.
Accessibility: The home is two stories, and tours include both floors. A ramp is available to access the first floor. Visitors must climb stairs to access the second floor. A restroom is available but is not handicapped equipped.
Parking: There is no dedicated parking lot for the museum. Visitors may park on 1st Street in front of the museum or on side streets surrounding the museum.